This is going to be a weekly post for Saturdays featuring anything “Bookish” I find myself obsessed with. In most cases, this will be a certain type of book/read/author. I might branch out to include covers, as well, but we’ll see. By “obsessed”…I mean I own tons of/go out of my way to collect!
(excluding funny retellings, which will be done in a future post)
Because who doesn’t need a little funny business in their reading world?!
- F My Life (It’s Funny, It’s True, Except When it Happens to You), by: Maxime Valette, Guillaume Passaglia, Didier Guedj
- F in Exams (The Best Test Paper Blunders), by Richard Benson
- The Book of Useless Information, by Noel Botham
- 1,001 Facts that will Scare the Sh*t Out of You (The Ultimate Bathroom Reader), by Cary McNeal
- Jack and Jill Went Up to Kill (A Book of Zombie Nursery Rhymes), by Michael P. Spradlin, Jeff Weigel
- Zombies for Zombies (Advice and Etiquette for the Living Dead), by David P. Murphy
- It’s Beginning to Look a Lot Like Zombies (A Book of Zombie Christmas Carols), by Michael P. Spradlin
- Book: The Sequel (First Lines from the Classics of the Future by Inventive Imposters), by Clive Priddle , Geoffrey Nunberg
- Bedtime Stories for Children you Hate, by Antoinette Bergin
- Would You Rather…? (An Absolutely Absurd Anthology), by Justin Heimberg, David Gomberg
- Remove Child Before Folding (The 101 Stupidest, Silliest, and Wackiest Warning Labels Ever), by Bob Dorigo Jones
- Ophelia Joined the Group Maidens Who Don’t Float (Classic Lit Signs on to Facebook), by Sarah Schmelling
- Historical Tweets (The Completely Unabridged and Ridiculously Brief History of the World), by Alan Beard, Alec McNayr
- Texts from Last Night (All the Texts that No One Remembers Sending), by Lauren Leto, Ben Bator
There you go! My collection (or…most of it? because I know I missed a few…) of “funny” books. How are you guys at collecting things? Do you find your shelves inundated with many copies of the same book, or various retellings? What book(s) do you obsess over or find yourself automatically reaching for in the bookstore?! Let me know below!
Feel free to join in on this with me, if you’d like, and share what you’re Bookishly Obsessed with!
Until next time, happy book-ing!