I was tagged over on tumblr, but decided to bring this here as well! Thanks to acourtofbooks for tagging me!
Here are the rules:
- Write down the rules.
- Answer the questions from the person who tagged you.
- Make 10 questions and tag 10 people.
1. Favorite genre? I try to read a little bit of everything. Lately, I’ve been pretty big on horror…but I read a LOT of YA in general. So, broad answer: YA! (because I can’t choose just ONE specific genre.)
2. If you could go into the world, where would you go? Space! I mean, that’s… That’s still in the world, right?
3. Favorite book so far this year? Jeez with the most difficult question already! I can never pick just one, so you’re going to get five. This isn’t ALL of them. These aren’t even my usual top picks, but I feel like I’ve been parroting the same books for long enough now, so I’ll give you some DIFFERENT ones that touched me. I still love these just as much:
4. Most anticipated book this year? Oh, so many! I think I’ll give you five for this, too, because BOOKS!
—Through the Dark, by Alexandra Bracken
—Pop Sonnets: Shakespearean Spins on Your Favorite Songs, by Erik Didriksen
—Never Never, by Brianna Shrum
—A Whole New World (Twisted Tales #1), by Liz Braswell
—Illuminae, by Amie Kaufman and Jay Kristoff
5. Would you rather read a book about a different world or a different time period? Uhm. It really depends on the book, to be honest. I love reading both!
6 . Least favorite trope? Love triangles. I mean REALLY–why don’t male main protags go through this? Oh, that’s right–apparently men don’t get confused. Or maybe they just don’t have hearts. Also, why is it every time a female character needs “rescued,” it HAS to be by a man? Why can’t that shy girl from around the corner save her? Or her dog? Or some passing kid?!
7. Favorite over-used trope that you still love? Tortured heroes! Hell, tortured ANYONEs, because I’ll all about that emotional drama. The more unique, the better, in my opinion! Give me jaded, cynical, almost asshole characters; I love me some dark and edgy.
8. Ultimate OTP? Liam Stewart and Ruby Daly (The Darkest Minds trilogy, by Alexandra Bracken) ; Elizabeth Bennet and Fitzwilliam Darcy (Pride and Prejudice, by Jane Austen)
9. Fictional boyfriends/girlfriends? Liam Stewart! Peter Pan (I know, this one’s weird, but I luuuuuuurve Peter!) ; Koschei the Deathless (from Deathless, by Catherynne M. Valente) ; Shazi/Shahrzad (from The Wrath & The Dawn, by Renee Ahdieh) ; Rhine Ellery (from Wither, by Lauren DeStefano); Alice Cullen (from, obvs, Twilight by Stephanie Meyer. Don’t judge me.)
10. Last book you finished? Uhm. It was The Suffering, by Rin Chupeco (book two in The Girl from the Well series; it was AWESOME, I gave it 5 stars, you should all check it out!)
1. Have any novels ever changed you? Which books, and how?
2. Pick your favorite book. Make a playlist that (in your opinion) best mirrors the book’s plot.
3. What is your all time favorite book quote (from this year so far)?
4. You’ve been arrested for murder! Which author did you kill, what weapon did you use, and what reason do you give (i.e. they killed your fave character, the ending hurt you, they made a terrible writing decision, etc.)
5. Are you more likely to drown a book you don’t like, or practice throwing knives at it?
6. How do you like your action: soft and runny or hard boiled and solid?
7. How about world-building–do you prefer it under cooked or overdone?
8. What’s your favorite poetry book (if you have one)? If you DON’T, what’s your favorite graphic novel?
9. Purple prose, or simple and straight forward?
10. Faces on book covers: YAY or NAY and why?